Our team of Chartered Accountants are so busy we are now looking for a trainee accountant to help take some of the load off.
The person we seek will be offered extensive training in agricultural accounting and taxation.
This is a fulltime position, working Monday to Friday. You will be reporting to the Team Manager and Director, and have the support of a small but fantastic (if we do say so ourselves) team of accountants and administrative staff.
- Preparation of GST returns
- Preparation of financial reports and tax returns
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Assisting clients with accounting software and associated enhancements and add-ons
- Assisting clients with payroll and FBT returns
- Liaising with Inland Revenue, ACC and external providers on behalf of our clients
- At least two years study towards a New Zealand accounting degree
- Basic knowledge of the New Zealand tax system
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry in New Zealand
- High level of organisational skills, ability to prioritise workflow and meet deadlines
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Great problem-solving skills
- Intermediate (or above) skills in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work autonomously, as well as in a team setting
- Good sense of humour
Our firm has a long and reputable presence in Whangarei. We're locally owned and operated, and passionate ambassadors for business growth and success in the Northland region. Our team enjoy a happy working environment and a healthy work/life balance, as well as the support to pursue personal and career development opportunities. As a close-knit team of long-serving staff members, we are looking for a very special person to join our firm.
If you think this advert describes you, we would love to hear from you! Click here to complete our online application form. But don't wait too long - applications close Friday 28 February 2020.
Do you have a question regarding this position? Feel free to e-mail us.