We know the persistent dry patch we have had in the last 7 months, has presented many of our valued clients with unique challenges. Farms are the pillar of agriculture and the New Zealand government is offering a 2020 Drought Recovery Advice Fund.
The 2020 Drought Recovery Advice Fund is to help farmers recover from the 2020 drought, and plan for future droughts.
It will pay for professional advice to a maximum of $5,000 (excluding GST). The fund is capped at $500,000 (excluding GST).
- the farm must be in a 2020 drought-affected region or district which are all of the North Island the top of the South Island (Marlborough,Tasman, Kaikoura) down to North Canterbury (Selwyn District, Christchurch City (including Banks Peninsula), Waimakariri District, Hurunui District, and Kaikoura District), the Chatham Islands
- the farming business must have been negatively affected by the 2020 drought
- at least 50% of the farmer’s income, in a normal year, must be earned from the farming business.
The fund will be used to get farmers a range of drought-related business and technical advice.
It could be advice on
- stock water best practice
- business continuity
- financial planning and decision support
- alternate land-use options
- Or other related subjects.
We are happy to assist you as a supplier where needed!
To apply you need to:
1. Complete the application form
2. Email the form to email@example.com by 5pm on 12 June 2020
What happens next?
- On 22 June, successful applicants will be advised of next steps
- MPI will pay for recovery advisory services of up to a maximum of $5,000 (GST excluded)
- Any costs incurred over the approved amount will be at your own expense.
More information is available here or feel free to ring one of our knowledgeable team for assistance.