The government has announced a new payment today. This payment is called the COVID-19 Resurgence Wage Subsidy. It is available nationwide to employers and self-employed people, who are impacted by the resurgence of COVID-19 and recent changes in alert levels.
- Applications can be made from 1:00 pm on 21 August 2020
- Applications will close on 3 September 2020
- The payment is not restricted to the Auckland region
- Businesses had or expect to have a revenue drop of at least 40% because of COVID-19, for a 14 day period between 12 August to 10 September, compared to a similar period last year
- The subsidy will be paid for two weeks
- Payment rates are $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week and $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week
- Payment can be expected within 5 working days of applying
- You can’t receive the Resurgence Wage Subsidy if you are already getting other COVID-19 payments
More information can be found on the Work and Income website.