Inland Revenue is moving child support into their new system. Clients will be able to see and manage their child support account in myIR. They are hoping for this to completed by October.
You will be able to:
- Apply for child support
- Apply for and respond to administrative reviews and objections
- Manage details such as bank account details
- Notify Inland Revenue of a change of circumstances
Improvements to the system mean that Inland Revenue will be able to pay child support payments to customers by the 23rd of the same month, as long as the payment by the liable parent has been made on time.
With the Child Support Amendment Act passing earlier in April this year, legislation changes will be coming into effect in October and November.
- It will be compulsory for returning and newly liable parents to have their child support payments deducted from their salary or wages
- A four-year time bar on child support reassessments
- Changes to late payment penalty charges
You can download a fact sheet on this here.
Please contact our office if you need any help or have any questions.