On 22nd August, the government announced new rules regarding record keeping of visitors. Mandatory recording keeping was introduced for busy places and events to ensure contact tracing can be done quickly if the need arises.
This requirement will come into effect 7 days after the next Alert Level change. This will provide businesses and other locations time to ensure they have record keeping systems and processes in place. We will post a reminder on our social media pages once this happens.
The requirements apply to:
- Visitors to aged care and healthcare facilities
- Cinemas, theatres, casinos and concerts
- Customers at hairdressers, exercise facilities, massage parlors and beauticians
- Customers at cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs
- Facilities such as libraries, museums and swimming pools
- Social gatherings at the marae, weddings, funerals, tangihanga and faith-based services
- Visitors to courts, government agencies and social services providers