Auckland Harbour Bridge Incident
On Friday morning, strong and sudden gusts toppled two trucks driving across the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Due to the damage, there is no traffic allowed over the original inner lanes at present.
New Zealand Couriers advise that Auckland and Regional same-day services to and from the North Shore have been severely compromised. Customers sending cold chain, perishable or time-sensitive items that would normally be expected to achieve a same-day delivery should consider sending these as overnight items. Same-day delivery standards are unlikely to be achieved.
Same-day connections across Auckland cannot be relied upon while Harbour Bridge traffic is disrupted. They recommend all perishable items are packed to survive within the network for at least 36 hours.
Other courier services have posted similar service updates across their websites.
Fonterra FY20 Annual Results
Fonterra have announced their 2020 Annual Results:
- The Co-op posting total normalised earnings of $398 million, up $123 million on last year.
- Final 2019/20 Farmgate Milk Price $7.14 per kgMS
- Dividend of 5 cents per share
- New Zealand milk collections: 1,517 million kgMS
- Reported Profit After Tax: $659 million, up $1.3 billion
- Normalised Profit After Tax1: $382 million, up $118 million
- Net debt: $4.7 billion, down $1.1 billion
- 2020/21 forecast Farmgate Milk Price range $5.90-$6.90 per kgMS, with the Advance Rate set off $6.40 per kgMS
- 2020/21 forecast earnings per share range: 20-35 cents per share
Effluent disposal Compliance
Two Northland farms and a sharemilker were recently fined over $638K for noncompliance with effluent discharge regulations.
If you are unsure if your systems are up to standard we recommend a self-audit to start with.
Compliance with the rules protects our unique landscape and precious waterways.